Sunday, January 22, 2012

MAC 3-4: Leadership Post

WHERE:

I plan on presenting at two summer events. One is entitled Harmony University. The Barbershop Harmony Society presents Harmony University during the summer. Every summer, they offer various classes for one week during the first week of August. It is offered to music educators and barbershop harmony singers from all 50 states, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand and Finland.

The second place I plan on presenting is at Harmony College NorthEast. It is a weekend seminar series presented the second weekend in August by the NorthEastern District of the Barbershop Harmony Society. It is offered to music educators, barbershop harmony singers and to high school students form New England and eastern New York State.

WHY:

I believe that presenting at these places, where I have already presented in previous years, would be a great way to get the word out about my presentation to many more persons than just in my school district or state. Also, as I have presented there previously, it would be a good place to begin as I would be less nervous than presenting elsewhere. I also have persons who would be willing to sit in on the presentation and give me pointers on how to improve it if need be.

1 comment:

  1. Only concern is whether these choices stretch you into something that you haven't done before. But only you can know that... Good luck

    ReplyDelete